Cody and Isaac sit down to discuss what makes for a great brewery name and how to actually find one.
Points of discussion:
1. Criteria for a great brewery name: able to be trademarked, tells a story, fun to say, flexible and portable.
2. Shoutout to Roachdale, Indiana?
3. Can you just make up a word?
4. Make sure you’re not using some horrible slang term.
5. How to include your clients in the process.
6. Different idea buckets to get you started—your town’s history, landmarks, anything that speaks to your differentiator.
7. How to narrow your list from hundreds of ideas to 20 or so.
8. How to save money by pre-vetting names before sharing with your IP attorney.
9. A super suspect explanation of the trademarking process from Cody Fague, Attorney at Law.
10. Do yourself a favor and hire a lawyer for this.
A Designer and a Lawyer Walk into a Brewery
Intellectual Property Advice for Breweries
Learn more at www.craftbeerrebranded.com
Have a topic or question you’d like us to field on the show? Shoot it our way: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join 5,500+ food and bev industry pros who are subscribed to the Beer Branding Trends Newsletter (and access all past issues) at: www.beerbrandingtrends.com